Shady Hill School offers the Katharine Taylor Fellowship to an individual who demonstrates a commitment to teaching children and an interest in leadership. The recipient of this fellowship will develop a proposal for a special project related to the mission of the TTC. The fellow will be assigned an advisor to mentor him or her in the implementation of the project.AMOUNT OF FELLOWSHIP AWARDEstablished in 2001 with gifts from the community to the school's Pathways to the Future Campaign, this fellowship is named in honor of Katharine Taylor, the founder of the Teacher Training Center and the school's visionary director in its early years. The Fellowship covers Shady Hill’s tuition ($11,900) excluding the $600 enrollment deposit, and a generous housing stipend.
STEP I: Apply for Admission and Financial Aid
STEP II: Apply for the Fellowship
- Submit a complete admission application packet
- Complete admission interviews
- Submit the TTC financial aid application and supplementary tax forms.
Applicants for the Katharine Taylor Fellowship must also submit:
- One additional letter of recommendation that focuses on leadership
- An additional essay that addresses the question below. The essay should be typed in a standard 12-point font, double spaced, and limited to 1,000-1,500 words.
Essay Question: In what ways has your leadership made a positive difference for children and adults in your community? What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
All fellowship applications are considered at the end of the admission season (spring), so all applicants have the opportunity to apply.