Katharine Taylor Fellowship
Shady Hill School offers the Katharine Taylor Fellowship to an individual who demonstrates a commitment to teaching children and who demonstrates an interest in leadership. The recipient of this fellowship will develop a proposal for a special project related to the mission of the TTC. The fellow will be assigned an advisor to mentor him or her in the implementation of the project.
AMOUNT OF FELLOWSHIP AWARD
Established in 2001 with gifts from the community to the school's Pathways to the Future Campaign, this fellowship is named in honor of Katharine Taylor, the founder of the Teacher Training Course and the school's visionary director in its early years. The Katharine Taylor Fellowship award covers the cost of tuition (excluding the $600 enrollment deposit). The award may or may not include a modest housing stipend, depending on the availability of additional funds within the program. Work study opportunities in the TTC and Shady Hill School are also available.
All applicants for the Katharine Teaching Fellowship must submit a complete admissions packet, including all of the following:
1. the application form and essay
2. a resume
3. three letters of recommendation
4. official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
5. a $50 application fee (payable to Shady Hill School).
Applicants for the Katharine Taylor Fellowship must also submit:
1. the TTC financial aid Application
2. one additional letter of recommendation that focuses on their leadership
3. an additional essay that addresses the question below. The essay should be typed in a standard 12-point font, double spaced, and limited to 1,000-1,500 words.