Shady Hill Movement, Physical Education, and Athletic Mission Statement
Movement, Physical Education, and Athletics comprise a sequential program that is a vital component of our students’ physical, cognitive, and affective development. We believe in the primacy of exploration, the mastery of skills, and the development of character. Through innovative approaches, we cultivate joyful active participants who value physical activity and healthy competition.
Sustaining the Mission
- Teaches skills necessary to participate and compete in lifelong athletic activities.
- Empowers children to make wise choices, demonstrate responsible behavior, and exhibit good sportsmanship.
- Provides a supportive and safe environment in which every child is challenged to grow, take risks, learn from mistakes, and persevere.
- Teaches children to develop an appreciation for individual differences and ability levels.
- Promotes cooperation, fair play, and teamwork.
- Advances leadership skills and opportunities.
- Instills confidence, self-discipline, and respect for hard work.
- Demonstrates the direct correlation between effort and achievement, personal improvement and goal setting, and the importance of commitment and responsibility.