The mission of the Afterschool Program is to provide an afternoon experience for students that supports and complements the overall mission of the Shady Hill School.
We aim to be a relaxed, safe, nurturing setting that supports:
- Creative Exploration: We offer opportunities that encourage creativity, exploration, independence, cooperation, and collaboration with attention to the appropriate balance of structure and freedom.
- Connections: We help to reinforce the essential link between students’ parents and school.
- Emphasis on Childhood: We pay rigorous attention to protecting the childhoods of our Shady Hill students.
- Nurturing Relaxed Environment: We provide a relaxed, informal, comfortable, and nurturing atmosphere that takes into account the unique end-of-the-day needs of our students
- Safety: We provide a safe, age-appropriate setting for children from the end of school until 6:00 PM for SHS families who have this need.